Friday, May 28, 2010

Paybacks a Bitch

Sometimes in my travels I have been able to use my shocking appearance for good. Often when you come off as a total psycho to someone they don't think twice about testing you. A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... okay, it was actually The Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota. Anyway, I was standing outside smoking a cigarette when I noticed a rather unpleasant domestic situation unfolding in front of me, a mother screaming at her son. Her son was quite young (guessing about 5 or 6 years old) and I don't know what this woman's problem was but she pulled the shit no mother should ever do, she slapped her kid across the face. Her son began to cry, she then yelled at him and said if he didn't stop crying she was going to smack him so hard that his teeth would come out.

It took a lot of restraint for me to avoid walking straight up to this woman and beat the absolute mother fucking shit out of her and take her kid straight to protective services. Instead I just stared a cold hard stare at this woman. Eventually she threw her hands up in a cluster of curse words and her eyes caught mine. She stared back at me motionless with a look of shock and perhaps fear as I stared back at her in a security guard stance with a look that could kill. She finally broke the silence and shouted "AND WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM??!?" That's when I broke into dramatics.
She stood about 15 feet away from me, I walked towards her quite slowly and kept eye contact the entire time with hateful eyes. I felt the numbness in my hands and feet that I often feel before a confrontation, along with the sensation of not knowing whether I wanted to throw up or scream. By this time I could see this woman's eyes a lot better, they were full of fear. I knew the majority of the feelings I wanted her to feel were now accomplished, but I decided to stop right in front of her and stare directly into her face... I then decided to take it to a whole new level.
I took a drag off my cigarette and cast my eyes down towards her son, who now had snot coming out of his nose as he cried. Her son was completely unaware of my presence. Once I saw this, I exhaled the smoke and reconnected with her stare. Her eyes scanned across my face, inspecting every piercing and then stared into my eyes with a look that said "please don't hurt me." I couldn't help it, I was fucking pissed. Suddenly a blatant lie dispelled from my lips. As I looked at her I said "You know lady. My parents used to smack me around too." Her eyes grew bigger as she gasped with what sounded like pure fear. I decided that I had better wrap this up before any other craziness came out of it. Before I left her, I took another slow dramatic drag from my cigarette and said "All I can say about that... paybacks a bitch. I then turned my back to her and flicked my cigarette into the street and walked back into the mall.

I really hope that this impacted this woman in some way, in fact I hope I traumatized her for fucking life. All I know is that is is never okay to hit a child, especially in front of me. Regular discipline, even spanking is one thing, but a full hand slap across the face in public... forget about it, I will put the fear of god into you. Just to be clear, my parent's never smacked me around as a kid, but they did find this story absolutely hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment