Friday, June 25, 2010

This is why I don't date!

About 3 months ago I got asked out while I was at work... yup, at work. What began as a simple conversation about body piercings quickly manifested into small talk and a series of questions like "Where are you from? What do you do for fun?" and finally "Would you like to go out sometime?" I replied the same way I reply to everyone that asks me out, I told him I had a boyfriend. You might think this is a mean thing to do, but honestly I have been through way too much shit to accept a date from someone I have known for 20 minutes. Plus it's just creepy and rather awkward to get asked out at your workplace in general. If this dude had a brain in his head, he would have 'bumped into me' someplace else, like... NOT AT MY FUCKING WORK!! After all was said and done, the guy actually seemed cool about the whole thing. He laughed and said "Awe, that's all you had to say. I will see you around." I ended up going into the back room of my work and 'hung out' for 10 minutes just so I knew this guy was gone. Initially the dude gave me the creeps.
A week ago today, I went out to a big event in Utica with a few friends. We all had a killer time drinking wine, eating food and hanging out like normal friends do. While we were all chatting a man walked up to us and stood awkwardly close by, he spoke not a single word. He was standing right behind me and I couldn't see his face so I looked at my friends and gave them a look that said "What the fuck? Do YOU guys know this dude?" They both shrugged, so we naturally did our best to pretend he wasn't there. 10 minutes later he walked away and one of my friends threw up her hands and said "What the fuck was THAT about?" We all laughed, it was our best way to deal with the creepiness of it all.
The next day I went into work at 9am. It was a incredibly hot day outside, so everyone I spoke to was pissed off. Finally the other manager came into work, I was talking to her about how the day was going and briefing her on the projects I was working on when suddenly the guy that asked me out 3 months ago comes walking in. He said hello in a rather annoyed tone and stood at the front counter staring at me as I continued talking to my co-worker. Out of nowhere this dude decides to turn my day at work into street theater. "HEY!!!!" he screams, "What the fuck was the deal with you blowing me the fuck off yesterday??!!?" I looked at him confused and told him I wasn't here (at work) yesterday. Still screaming he says "No, yesterday at the park, I stood RIGHT NEXT TO YOU!! You ignored me, you acted like you didn't even know me!!! You know what, FUCK YOU!!! FUCK YOU!!! I am done with YOU, I am done with ALL of you!!! I'm done with this fucking store!!! Done with this fucking town!!! Done with this fucking state!!! I'm moving to FLORIDA!!!" This whole time he is flailing his arms about, he stormed towards the door and screamed "Have a NICE day!!!" as he left. I looked over at my co-worker who was standing there with her hands up to her face in shock, I then looked at my co-manager who said "What the hell was THAT about??"
Needless to say I had to explain everything to the both of them, afterward all we could do was laugh about it. They could not believe that a dude I had met only once before, and very briefly at that, would react in such a psychotic way after feeling 'Blown off'. Normal people simply don't act that way. It was then I pointed at both of them and said "You guys see, this shit REALLY DOES happen to me, usually JUST me. I couldn't make this shit up if I tried, this is why I refuse to date!!" Just for good measure I did inform local authority figures just to be on the safe side. If he ever comes back into my work again I can call them and have him arrested for trespassing, I could even get a restraining order. I just hope he doesn't come into my work with a gun.
All in all I discovered my new ability of finding out someone is a fucking psycho before even going on a single date with them. There was another time I blew off going out with a guy. After blowing him off I discovered he is ex-military with a lot of problems. Owns and deals illegal weapons and drugs, anger issues, memory loss, this guy even broke into an animal shelter to steal a cat that he later ended up killing and eating. And that people, is why I say "FUCKIN' UTICA!!"

1 comment: